How do I change the transparency of a XREF?
- In AutoCAD, open the OPTIONS dialogue box.
- Choose the DISPLAY tab.
- Located at the bottom-right of the dialogue box, there is a section called “Fade Control”.
- Adjust the slide bar labelled “Xref display” to control the intensity of the Xref fade.
How do you fade xref in Civil 3d?
To fade the display of your XREF, follow these steps:
- Create a layer for your XREF.
- Lock this new layer.
- Select the XREF and change and go to properties.
- Set the Layer to your new XREF layer (the one that’s locked)
- On the command line enter LAYLOCKFADECTL.
What does xref override do?
Legacy Drawings and Xref Layer Property Overrides Settings This behavior ensures that anytime you open a drawing that is authored in an earlier version of AutoCAD 2018.1, it maintains the visual fidelity between AutoCAD 2018.1 and previous AutoCAD releases and there is no change in behavior.
What is orphaned XREF?
Xref is “Orphaned” if its parent xref that the child xref is attached to is unloaded or unresolved, making it Orphaned in the current drawing – A refers B, B refers C, and if B is unresolved then C is orphaned.
How do you plot a fade XREF?
Solution: Using xrefs as the example, do one of the following: In the layers palette, for all xref layers, change the Transparency (for the entire drawing) or VP Transparency (for specific viewports) to a desired value (90 is the most transparent) and then when plotting, enable the “Plot transparency” setting.
How do you get xref GREY?
You select a color by selecting an entity in the drawing which has the desired color. If you want to emphasise an entity in the xref, make sure that entity is not colored ‘ByLayer’ in the original drawing. Color those entities red for instance and xref that drawing into another. Use ‘Xref Fade & Grey’, turn it grey.
How do you plot a faded XREF?
In the layers palette within the viewport on a layout, for all xref layers, change the VP Color to Color 9 (light gray). In the layers palette, change the color of all xref layers to lighter versions of their current colors or change them all to one lighter color or gray.
What should Visretain be set to?
Check out the variable VISRETAIN. Type in on the command line. It most likely is set to “1” which means retain the XREF layer settings. This is a good thing and it should be set to “1”.
How do I uninstall orphaned XREF?
Xref defined in a block reference
- Use QUICKSELECT to make sure no blocks are present in model and paper space that contain the Xref.
- Enter PURGE and remove all unused block definitions.
- Detach the Xref via the Xref palette.
Why are my xrefs greyed out?
Since this variable is drawing specific, it can be set differently in each drawing. In the layer panel on the home tab of the ribbon, and in the layer manager dialog box, you can change the properties of the layers. Xref’ed layers will be greyed out, however you can override their original properties here.