Can you make springs in Solidworks?
While we can create motion with spring forces in SOLIDWORKS, the spring itself is not modeled and doesn’t move. To work around this obstacle, many users ask me how to model a spring that can be compressed or stretched in a SOLIDWORKS animation. The answer is not too complex, but is definitely not orthodox.
How do you make a spring flexible in Solidworks?
Click . In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click Spring<1> and click Make Part Flexible in the context menu.
How do you make a spring act like a spring in Solidworks?
Spring in SolidWorks
- Step 1: Choose a Top Plane. Choose top plane and start.
- Step 2: Sketch & Draw. Then choose Front plane to sketch and draw a center line from the center up.
- Step 3: Smart Dimensions.
- Step 4: Open 3D Sketch.
- Step 5: Select Spline & Line.
- Step 6: Sketch Again.
- Step 7: Open 3D Sketch.
- Step 8: Composite Curve.
How do you make a spiral spring in Solidworks?
You can create a helix or spiral curve in a part.
- In a part, do one of the following: Open a sketch and sketch a circle. Select a sketch that contains a circle.
- Click Helix and Spiral (Curves toolbar) or Insert > Curve > Helix/Spiral .
- Set values in the Helix/Spiral PropertyManager.
- Click .
How do you make a helical spring?
how do i model a helical spring in solidworks
- Make one circle of mean diameter required.
- Go to Insert—> Curve —> Helix.
- Select the Circle.
- Adjust the parameters like Pitch, No of revolution and hit the green button for a helix.
- Now select a plane normal to helix path.
- Go to feature tab select Sweep.
What is a spring model in SolidWorks?
This type of model is suitable to be used in animations or in a flexible assembly. The spring is controlled by the length of the first sketch line which is driven by a coincident relation to another part in the assembly. When the assembly is rebuild, SOLIDWORKS will recalculate the length of this line and adjust the sweep accordingly.
How do I make a spring move dynamically?
Create a new animation through Motion Study. Move the time bar to 2 seconds. Drag the PLATE up. A key should be placed for you on the timeline. Move the timebar to 4 seconds. Drag the PLATE down. Another key is placed for you. Press Play from Start. You should see the spring move dynamically!
How to adjust the height of a spring in AutoCAD?
Choose the free endpoint and another edge (circular, linear; it will not matter) from the 2 nd PLATE within the assembly. Choose coincident relationship. Exit the sketch and exit edit part mode. Now, move the 2 nd PLATE up. Press rebuild (ctrl+B). Move the face of the body down. Press rebuild. You should see your spring change in height.
When the assembly is rebuild SolidWorks recalculates the length of the sweep?
When the assembly is rebuild, SOLIDWORKS will recalculate the length of this line and adjust the sweep accordingly. This content is hosted by a third party.