Plants are developed by cultivation and Human by Education is a very popular phrase and is widely accepted. Education is the process of learning by acquiring knowledge, skills, and values. Education is the basic factor that counts for the development of Humans. It gives us a knowledge of the world around us and motivate us to changes it into something better.
It develops in us a new way of looking at life. It helps us build opinions and have different points of view, on even complex things in life. We gain information from surrounding but it is not education, It cannot be converted into knowledge without education. Education makes us capable of interpreting things. It helps not only to gain knowledge present in a book but also understand the lessons of life.
Two things matter the most in one’s life, one is the wealth of knowledge acquired by an individual after studying and second is experiencing life lessons that provide an understanding of something. To understand both one need to get a formal education. It helps oneself to think in an abstract manner. In total, there are 3 types of education, first one is formal Education, second is informal education and the third one is non-formal education.
- Formal Education: It is the type of education which is provided in school, college, universities etc. It is designed with objectives and is provided according to the curriculum.
- Informal Education: It is one, which occurs automatically or spontaneously in the process of living. It is received by one by living with others, such as cycling, horse riding, fishing, swimming etc.
- Non-formal Education: It refers to education that occurs outside the school. It is often used interchangeably with terms such as adult education, community education, and lifelong education.
Formal education can be more elaborated. In our society, a person is considered to be educated only if that person has undergone formal education. It takes place in a school environment with classrooms of multiple students learning together with a particular subject. It begins at a very early age. The education is divided into stages.
- Preschool: A kid starts a formal education from Preschool. Here children from age of three to five get an education.
- Primary school: After preschool children go to primary school, Here they are till sixth grade. It Provides students with a basic understanding of various subjects as well as the skills they will use throughout their lives.
- Secondary school: Secondary education comprises the years between elementary school and college, with curriculum ranging from language arts, social studies, science, and mathematics to vocational and physical education. It occurs mainly during the teenage years. Secondary education happens till tenth grade.
- Senior Secondary: Senior Secondary Education in India is of only 2 years that is for class 11th and class 12th. Here students have the freedom to choose their preferred stream and subjects. They have a choice over the courses like Arts, Commerce, Science or medical.
- Undergraduate : Undergraduate education in India is of 3-4 years. Here people do majors and minors on particular streams. People get their Bachelor’s degree through their undergraduate course. Engineering courses are of 4 years, while medical and law are of 5 years. Majority of other courses are of 3 years duration, It belong to field of arts, humanities, science etc.
- Postgraduate Stage: Postgraduate course is a 2-3 year course in India. The courses are known as Masters courses or Doctorate courses. Masters course are usually of 2 years duration and doctorate courses are of 3 years duration. Master courses include Master’s in technical field called as M.Tech, masters in business field popularly as Master of Business Administration Course( MBA), other masters courses are Master of Arts. Master of Arts in Liberal Studies, Master of Arts in Special Education, Master of Arts in Teaching etc. A doctorate degree is the highest level of an academic degree.