What is Vlookup explain with example?
In its simplest form, the VLOOKUP function says: =VLOOKUP(What you want to look up, where you want to look for it, the column number in the range containing the value to return, return an Approximate or Exact match – indicated as 1/TRUE, or 0/FALSE).
What is a Vlookup on Excel 2007?
What is VLOOKUP? To begin with, it is an Excel function 🙂 What does it do? It searches for the value you specify and returns a matching value from another column. More technically, the VLOOKUP function looks up a value in the first column of a given range and returns a value in the same row from another column.
How do I do a VLOOKUP in Excel?
How to use VLOOKUP in Excel
- Click the cell where you want the VLOOKUP formula to be calculated.
- Click Formulas at the top of the screen.
- Click Lookup & Reference on the Ribbon.
- Click VLOOKUP at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Specify the cell in which you will enter the value whose data you’re looking for.
How do I do a VLOOKUP in Windows 7?
Click the Formulas tab. Under the “Functions Library” section, click the Lookup and Reference drop-down menu and select the VLOOKUP option to open the Functions Arguments wizard. In the Lookup_value field, specify the cell that contains the reference of the item you want to find the answer to—for example, C9.
How do I do a VLOOKUP in Excel to compare two columns?
How to Compare Two Columns in Excel
- Click the Compare two columns worksheet tab in the VLOOKUP Advanced Sample file.
- Add columns in your workbook so you have space for results.
- Type the first VLOOKUP formula in cell E2:
- Click Enter on your keyboard and drag the VLOOKUP formula down through cell C17.
How to use the VLOOKUP function in Excel?
Click on formula tab > lookup&reference > click on vlookup.
How do I do a VLOOKUP?
Click the cell where you want the VLOOKUP formula to be calculated. Click “Formula” at the top of the screen. Click “Lookup & Reference” on the Ribbon. Click “VLOOKUP” at the bottom of the drop-down menu. Specify the cell in which you will enter the value whose data you’re looking for.
What does the VLOOKUP function do?
VLOOKUP is an Excel function to lookup and retrieve data from a specific column in table. VLOOKUP supports approximate and exact matching, and wildcards (*?) for partial matches.
How does lookup work in Excel?
The Excel LOOKUP Function. The LOOKUP function in Excel is used to search one column of data and find data in the corresponding row. For example, if you are searching a column of employee IDs the LOOKUP function can find, say, employee number 12345 in the ID column.