What is a octuple mean?
Definition of octuple (Entry 1 of 3) 1 : consisting of eight : being eight times as great or as many : eightfold. 2 : taken by eights or in groups of eight. octuple.
What is Clanker slang for?
Filters. Something that makes a clanking noise. noun. (slang) A fib.
What is the word for 13 times?
Decuple Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com.
What does Clinkering mean?
1. The incombustible residue, fused into an irregular lump, that remains after the combustion of coal. 2. A partially vitrified brick or a mass of bricks fused together.
What is Slimo Star Wars?
Sleemo: This Huttese insult was pronounced slay-mo and translated as “slimeball,” a rude insult. Sod it: This was an expression of frustration.
How do you use the word obloquy in a sentence?
Obloquy sentence example
- For many years she had much obloquy to endure.
- After a life of constant struggle and an obloquy which never relaxed, the sensational close of Zola’s career was the signal for an extraordinary burst of eulogy.
- Terrified by the storm of obloquy which he aroused, he fled from office.
What is the meaning of shrapnel?
Shrapnel is defined as a fragments from an exploded shell or bomb.
What is the difference between shrapnel and ammunition?
1. shrapnel- shell containing lead pellets that explodes in flight shell- ammunition consisting of a cylindrical metal casing containing an explosive charge and a projectile; fired from a large gun Based on WordNet 3.0]
What did Henry Shrapnel invent in 1806?
1806, from Gen. Henry Shrapnel (1761-1842), who invented a type of exploding, fragmenting shell when he was a lieutenant in the Royal Artillery during the Peninsular War. The invention consisted of a hollow cannon ball, filled with shot, which burst in mid-air; his name for it was spherical case ammunition.
Can You Survive a shrapnel explosion?
In theory, someone could be relatively close to the explosion and survive since the shrapnel would zip by harmlessly overhead. A couple weeks ago, I found a pea-sized shard of shrapnel from a past attack in a parking lot. The new polio threat is a major and predictable consequence of war, just like shrapnel injuries and broken families.