What does Stultification meaning?
1a : to have a dulling or inhibiting effect on. b : to impair, invalidate, or make ineffective : negate. 2 : to cause to appear or be stupid, foolish, or absurdly illogical. 3 archaic : to allege or prove to be of unsound mind and hence not responsible.
What is the mean of seldom?
: in few instances : rarely, infrequently. seldom. adjective. Definition of seldom (Entry 2 of 2) : rare, infrequent.
What does Stulified mean?
To stultify a plan or person is to dampen enthusiasm in a big way. Definitions of stultify. verb. deprive of strength or efficiency; make useless or worthless. “Their behavior stultified the boss’s hard work”
How do you remember stultify?
Mnemonics (Memory Aids) for stultify Stultify sounds like STUNT+IFY. When one guy who tries to be a stunt man and fails then he looks stupid. Stultify=stunt+failed. Stultify rhymes with NULLIFY which is easy 2 remember..
What are the examples of seldom?
- He had seldom seen a child with so much talent.
- She seldom, if ever, goes to the theatre.
- They seldom watch television these days.
- (literary) Seldom had he seen such beauty.
What does hamper mean in UK?
noun. a large basket or wickerwork receptacle, usually with a cover: picnic hamper; clothes hamper. British. such a basket together with its contents, especially food.
How can I remember my thwart?
- Mnemonic – Throw art to successfully defeat or oppose the artist’s aspirations.
- Word – Thwart.
- Meaning – to successfully defeat or oppose the aspirations of.
- Part of Speech – Verb.
- Synonyms – frustrate, foil, beat.
- Antonyms – encourage, promote, cultivate.
- Thwart sentences.
- Thwarted sentences.
Is there a word called seldomly?
Because it is not a word, “seldomly” has no place in writing (which is made up almost entirely of words, after all). Garner featured “seldom” in a Usage Tip of the Day. “Because this word is an adverb as well as an adjective, the nonword *”seldomly” is never (not merely seldom) needed.”