How do you say thanks for nothing?
Here are a few possibilities that you could say that are more polite than saying “thanks for nothing”:
- I really would have appreciated your help.
- I came to you because I needed your assistance and you really let me down.
- I am always there for you and I really would’ve appreciated if it was reciprocal.
Is Thank you for nothing rude?
2 Answers. The phrase “thank you for nothing” is a dismissive and contemptuous way of telling somebody that they were no help at all. Generally, you thank somebody for something they’ve done. A thank you for nothing is as empty of gratitude as the speaker thinks the offer of help is of no use.
Is nothing a reply to Thank you?
Senior Member. ‘For nothing’ is used as a reply to ‘Thank you’ in other languages (I’ve heard it in both Spanish and Italian), so its use in English is almost certainly a direct translation.
What is a thanks a lot?
Thanks a lot!: Thank you very much! I deeply appreciate it! I’m extremely grateful!
How do you thank someone in a rude way?
Funny & Sarcastic Ways to Say Thank You
- I don’t understand people who say, “I don’t know how to thank you!” Like they’ve never heard of money.
- Thank you for being my unpaid therapist.
- I’m doing the happy dance.
- Today I am wearing the smile that you left me with the other day.
- You made me smile from ear to ear.
How do you say thank you in a cool way?
Other Ways to Say “Thank You So Much” and “Thank You Very Much” in Writing
- 1 Thank you for all your hard work on this.
- 2 Thanks again, we couldn’t have pulled this off without you.
- 3 Thank you, you’re amazing!
- 4 I’m so thankful for everything you bring to the table.
- 5 Thank you kindly.
- 6 Thanks a million.
- 7 Many thanks.
What is the answer for thanks a lot?
I would say ‘Oh, thank you so much’. Depends on what you are being thanked for. If you did someone a favor, saying “Happy to do it” or “Happy to oblige” is always suitable. “My pleasure” is also a nice response.
How do you say yes in a unique way?
These different ways to say yes in English are downright silly:
- Okey dokey.
- Okaley dokaley.
- Totes (slang for “totally”)
- You betcha (slang for “you bet”)
- Alrighty then.
- Aye aye, captain!
What is Thank you for nothing?
thanks for nothing An expression of annoyance, exasperation, or disappointment when someone does something unhelpful or disagreeable. Thanks for nothing, Dan. Now I have to go get all these posters reprinted because of your stupid typo.
How do you say thank you for everything you do?
These Thank You for Everything You Do Messages have been made available for you to send to those whp have assisted you. 1. Words are not sufficient to express how grateful I am to you. Thank you for being my pillar of support. You are highly treasured. 2. Thank you, dear, for saving my day. You are a God sent angel to me, arriving just in time.
What are some of the best quotes about being thankful?
“Whenever you are to do a thing, though it can never be known but to yourself, ask yourself how you would act were all the world looking at you, and act accordingly.” —Thomas Jefferson “I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” —Anonymous
How do you say thank you for your kindness and support?
Include a simple note: “Thank you for your kindness and support. It meant a lot to me.” Sometimes we have to thank people that we don’t know very well, and it can feel awkward.