Who should I inform when I change address UK?
Banks or Building societies – You should let your bank or building society know about your change of address as close to your move date as possible. Your place of residence is an important factor for proving your identity and forgetting to update this information might put you at risk of identity theft.
Who do I need to notify when I move house UK?
The list could include:
- The council, including for the electoral role and household or garden waste.
- Your employer.
- Your bank, insurance, pension and credit card companies.
- TV Licensing.
- Doctor, dentist, optician.
- HMRC / DSS offices.
When moving house what addresses do I need to change?
- Royal Mail. Don’t forget to redirect your mail when you move house.
- Insurance Companies. There will be a number of insurance companies you will need to contact after moving house.
- Utility Providers.
- The Electoral Roll.
- Schools and Education.
- The Local Authority.
- GP and Other Healthcare.
- The Bank.
What do I need to do when I move house UK?
20 things to do when moving house
- Agree a date.
- Tell your landlord.
- Get removals quotes.
- Get your mail re-directed.
- Tell your banks about the move.
- Check your new home is insured.
- Update your driving licence.
- Change your details on your vehicle registration certificate.
When should I notify change of address?
You can make the Change of Address process faster and easier by notifying everyone who sends you mail of your new address and the date of your move, two weeks before you move. Most bills and statements have an area for making an address change notification.
When should you change your address when moving UK?
You need to wait until you’ve moved to notify HMRC about your change of address. Once you’re in, share your new details to ensure that you’re paying the correct amount of tax and national insurance. Having the wrong address on your licence is an offence and the DVLA can fine you up to £1,000.
How do I notify customers of new address?
10 Ways to Notify Customers Before an Office Move
- Relocation Sign on the door.
- Flyers distributed with Customer receipts and invoices.
- Email Notifications.
- Website Notifications.
- Set-up voice-mail notifications.
- Direct mail – postcards.
- Online & offline address update.
- Press release.
How do you write an address correction?
I request you to kindly rectify this mistake as soon as possible for any further communication. I am hoping to see the correct address updated on your website soon. I have also reattached the address proof letter for your reference. Thanks for your attention.