What is a basket auction?
If you’ve ever been involved with a charity silent auction, you know gift baskets are a given. They can range anywhere from $50 to $500 in value, depending on the quality and exclusivity of the items, and are popular for a few reasons: The contents are relatively simple to procure.
What are good silent auction items?
Top 20 Best Selling Silent Auction Items
|Auction Item Description||% Above Fair Market Value|
|Autographed music memorabilia||720%|
|Autographed sports memorabilia||370% – 630%|
|Popular home accessories||480%|
|Fine dining restaurant certificates||330% – 460%|
How do I make an auction basket?
- Begin by placing the heaviest item in the middle of the basket or container.
- Add large and taller items behind or near your center object.
- Place smaller items near the front.
- Fill in gaps with small bags of treats or rolled up dish towels in the color of the theme or other soft themed items.
What is a mystery auction?
Mystery Boxes work in exactly the same way as a regular auction, silent auction or raffle, with people making bids and the highest amount winning the item or simply winning as a raffle prize. However what makes Mystery Boxes more exciting, is that people don’t know what they’re bidding on.
What are popular auction items?
Top Auction Item Categories
- Travel. Travel-related silent auction items are always a huge hit.
- Outings and Experiences.
- Sports Tickets, Memorabilia, and Activities.
What are good live auction items?
These packages can make great items for both your live and silent auction events….Date Night Basket
- Romantic dinner certificates.
- Two-night stay in a hotel in the area.
- Local cooking classes.
- Wine tasting adventures.
- Private tennis or golf lessons.
- Couple massages.
- Group dinner party.
How do you weave a basket?
Cut the leftover upright newspaper sticks to about 1 inch (2.54 cm).
- For every other upright stick you’ll fold into down into the basket and glue it in place. Use a clothespin to dry it in place.
- For the sticks you didn’t fold into the basket, you’ll fold down on the outside and weave into the upper part of the basket.