What fun things happened in 2008?
Back in the year 2008, Google released the first “public version” of the Chrome web browser. Over 7,000 Starbucks locations took a three-hour coffee break for employee training. Life expectancy in the U.S. fell slightly to 77.8 years, the first drop since 2004. The United States was also the 18th most obese nation.
What came out in 2008?
8 pop culture moments from 2008 you won’t believe happened 10…
- Britney Spears makes a comeback.
- The Twilight movie saga begins.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt welcome twins.
- Sex and the City: The Movie hits theaters.
- Miley Cyrus’ Vanity Fair shoot causes controversy.
What sport events happened in 2008?
Sporting Highlights for 2008
|May||Tennis French Open won by Rafael Nadal (Spain) and Ana Ivanovic (Serbia).|
|June 5-7||The Celtics won the NBA title|
|June||Golf US Open won by Tiger Woods.|
|July||the 2008 Cycling Tour de France was won by Carlos Sastre.|
What were popular in the 2008?
Top 10 Box Office – All Theatrical
|Rank||Film Title||Open Date|
|1||The Dark Knight||7/18/08|
|3||Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull||5/22/08|
Which athletes were popular in 2008?
Top 37 athletes of 2008
- Michael Phelps. Phelps won eight gold medals in Beijing, breaking the 26-year-old record for gold medals in a single summer Olympics.
- Iker Cassilas. Editor’s note: 2008 witnessed some awesome individual performances.
- Shelly-Ann Fraser.
- Manny Pacquiao.
- Lorena Ochoa.
- Colt McCoy.
- Brad Lidge.
- Brock Lesnar.
What sports teams won 2008?
Boston Celtics win their seventeenth NBA Championship by defeating the Los Angeles Lakers in six games in the 2008 NBA Finals. Paul Pierce was named Finals MVP.
What war was going on in 2008?
The War in Afghanistan continued. In September 2008, President Bush announced he would shift 4,500 U.S. troops from Iraq to the conflict in Afghanistan.