What do you write in a book autograph?
Include the date and information about the book signing with your message. Another way to personalize your autograph is to write that you enjoyed meeting the reader at the book signing and write the name of the event or location along with the date.
What to say when signing a children’s book?
Personalize your message. In most cases people want the book inscribed to them personally, though sometimes it’s intended as a gift so be sure to ask, “Should I sign this to you?” Use their first name and always ask for the spelling since even common names can have unusual spellings.
How do you inscribe a book?
What Should You Write in the Inscription?
- Document when the book was given and who gave it.
- Explain why this particular book is meant for the recipient.
- Say what the giver thought was special about it.
- Wish the recipient well on a particular occasion.
- Provide some life advice.
- Echo an idea in the book, often through a quote.
How do you make an autograph?
Use a separate signature from your official one.
- You should have two separate signatures, one for autograph signing and one for signing official documents. This will cut down the chances on your signature being forged.
- Now that you’re famous, your name, signature, and reputation are in the spotlight.
Where do I autograph my book?
The most common place to autograph a book is on the title page. Often the title page has a little space for the author to sign the person’s name, a little personal sentence along with their signature.
How do you autograph a children’s book?
7 book signing tips for children’s authors
- No cursive.
- Use a clearer signature.
- Sign on the title page near where your name appears.
- If you’re the illustrator, draw something.
- Always include the child’s name.
- Always ask the spelling.
- Talk directly to the child.
How do you write an autograph?