How do I move my terminal server license to another server?
Right-click the license server to which you want to migrate the RDS CALs, and then click Manage RDS CALs. Follow the steps in the wizard to the Action Selection page. Click Migrate RDS CALs from another license server to this license server. Choose the reason for migrating the RDS CALs, and then click Next.
How do I change my server licensing on RDS?
To change Remote Desktop license server properties To open Remote Desktop Licensing Manager, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, point to Remote Desktop Services, and then click Remote Desktop Licensing Manager. Right-click the license server for which you want to change properties, and then click Properties.
How do I resolve Terminal server License for Remote Desktop?
- Open Registry Editor (regedit).
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\RCM. Export this registry key to a file before making any changes.
- Locate the GracePeriod key and either delete or rename it.
- Reboot the RDSH server.
How do I remove an RDS license?
Uninstall the Remote Desktop Licensing Role Service
- Open Server Manager.
- In the left pane, expand Roles.
- Right-click Remote Desktop Services, and then click Remove Role Services.
- On the Select Role Services page, clear the Remote Desktop Licensing check box, and then click Next.
Can you upgrade RDS CALs?
See License your RDS deployment with client access licenses (CALs) for more information about RD license servers. RD Session Host servers can be upgraded next. To avoid down time during upgrade the admin can split the servers to be upgraded in 2 steps as detailed below. All will be functional after the upgrade.
How do I change TS Licensing from per device to per user?
In the Edit settings area, under Licensing, double-click Remote Desktop licensing mode. On the Licensing tab of the Properties dialog box, click either Per Device or Per User, depending on the type of licenses you own and your usage.
How do I set Licensing mode in Terminal server 2016?
Activate the license server
- Open the Remote Desktop Licensing Manager: click Start > Administrative Tools > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Licensing Manager.
- Right-click the license server, and then click Activate Server.
- Click Next on the welcome page.
Do Remote Desktop licenses expire?
Hi, An RDS User CAL expires 60 days after it is issued to the user and then returns to the available pool, however, if the user connects within 7 days of the expiration date the license will be renewed for another 60 days.
How do I get rid of my grace period?
To reset the grace period, there are actually just 3 steps involved:
- Change permissions on the RCM > GracePeriod key.
- Delete the “Timebomb” registry entry.
- Reboot the server.
How do I remove license from server?
In the Local License Server Administration Tool, select the Licenses tab. Select Remove Licenses. The Remove Licenses from Server page appears listing all the activated licenses. For each activation code, enter the number of licenses to delete from the server in the Remove column.
How do I remove a terminal server license from the registry?
For 16-bit RDP clients, run regedit /v. Then delete the keys under “\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing” to clean the client’s license cache. You can also delete the BIN files from \Windows\System\Regdata.