How do I force Windows Media Player to refresh library?
Open Windows Media Player. Press CTRL+M then from the Tools menu click on Advanced and then Restore Media Library to reset the Media Player library.
How do I fix Windows Media Player library?
Fix-1 Rebuild Windows Media Player Library Database
- Press Windows Key+R, and type “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player” and hit Enter.
- Press Ctrl+A to select every file in the folder. Press Shift+Delete, to permanently delete all the files of the folder.
- Restart Windows Media Player.
Why won’t my Windows Media Player Find Album Info?
If you get an error message when you try to find album info that says you need to change your privacy settings, select Organize, select Options, select the Privacy tab, and then select the Update music files by retrieving media info from the Internet check box.
How do I clear Windows Media Player cache?
How can I reset the Windows Media Player (WMP) cache?
- Open My Computer from the desktop.
- Navigate to \%allusersprofile%\application data\microsoft\media index (e.g., C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\microsoft\media index).
- Delete the wmplibrary_v_0_12. db file.
- Close My Computer.
How do you update music on Windows Media Player?
In this article
- 1Right-click the song (or, in the case of an album, the selected songs).
- 2Choose Find Album Info.
- 3Choose Edit.
- 4Fill in the tag information the way you want it to appear.
- 5Click Done when you’re through tidying up the information.
How do I fix a corrupted media player in Windows 7?
# If you are running Windows 7/Vista, click Start , click Run , type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft , and then click OK. # Select the Media Player folder , and then click Delete on the File menu. # Restart Windows Media Player . Note Windows Media Player automatically rebuilds the database.
How do I reinstall Windows Media Player?
If you want to reinstall Windows Media Player, try the following:
- Click the Start button, type features, and select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Scroll down and expand Media Features, clear the Windows Media Player check box, and click OK.
- Restart your device.
- Repeat step 1.
How do I get album info on Media Player?
Right-click on the album in question and select the option Find Album Info. This matches the album title and artist with the online database that WMP is connected to. If information is available, it will be added to your songs. This includes the album cover image, additional artist and genre information and more.
What happened to http FAI music Metaservices Microsoft COM?
After looking at customer feedback and usage data, Microsoft decided to discontinue this service. This means that new metadata won’t be updated on media players that are installed on your Windows device. However, any information that’s already been downloaded will still be available.