How do I fix Windows sound not working?
How to Fix Broken Audio on Windows 10
- Check your cables and volume.
- Verify that the current audio device is the system default.
- Restart your PC after an update.
- Try a System Restore.
- Run the Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter.
- Update your audio driver.
- Uninstall and reinstall your audio driver.
Why is my computer sound suddenly not working?
Reboot your computer. Verify via the speaker icon in the taskbar that the audio is not muted and is turned up. Ensure that the computer isn’t muted via hardware, such as a dedicated mute button on you laptop or keyboard. For desktop systems with speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack, try a USB speaker or USB headphones.
Why is the sound not working?
You might have the sound muted or turned down low in the app. Check the media volume. If you still don’t hear anything, verify that the media volume isn’t turned down or off: Navigate to Settings.
How do I fix my laptop speakers?
How to Fix Laptop Speakers That Don’t Work
- Make sure your sound isn’t muted.
- Try a set of headphones.
- Make sure the audio sensor isn’t stuck.
- Check your playback device.
- Run the sound troubleshooter.
- Try disabling audio enhancements.
- Check for audio driver updates.
- Try editing your registry.
How do I restart Windows Audio Service?
9. Restart Audio Services
- In Windows 10, right-click the Windows icon and select Run. Type services.
- Scroll down to Windows Audio and double-click to open menu.
- If the service has been stopped for any reason, the system audio will not function correctly.
- Double-check the service start-up type.
- Click Apply.
How do I fix the audio service is not responding?
The Audio Service Is Not Running Windows 10
- Run services.
- Use Command Prompt to add services.
- Modify Registry: change the value data of ServiceDll.
- Check audio components in Services.
- Reinstall the audio driver in Device Manager.
- Install the default sound drivers.
- Use System Restore or do a clean install.
How do you know if your laptop speakers are broken?
Reboot the laptop and check your laptop speakers again by playing some sound. If you still don’t hear any sound, the speakers may have a problem. If there is no sound at less than 10% volume, the speakers are likely to have blown. Also, you are likely to experience distorted and muffled sounds at a moderate volume.
How do I reset my sound settings on Windows 8?
System is Operating as Designed
- Right-click on the Start button, then left-click on Control Panel.
- Click hardware and sound, then Manage Audio devices in the Sound section, The sound window opens.
- Click Speakers, then click Set Default, then OK, and close the control panel window.
How do I get sound back on my computer?
Check that the correct sound device is selected
- Open the Activities overview and start typing Sound.
- Click on Sound to open the panel.
- Under Output, change the Profile settings for the selected device and play a sound to see if it works. You might need to go through the list and try each profile.