How do I use threads in Catia?
Creating Threads and Taps
- Click Thread/Tap . The Thread/Tap Definition dialog box is displayed.
- Select the cylindrical surface you wish to thread, that is Face. 1 . Thread and tap definitions do not depend on the polarity of the cylinder geometry.
- Select the upper face as the limit face. Limit faces must be planar.
How do you make helix in Catia?
Creating a Helix
- Click Helix . The Helix Curve Definition dialog box appears.
- Select a starting point.
- Select an axis.
- Set the helix parameters. Pitch : the distance between two revolutions of the curve.
- Click Reverse Direction to invert the curve direction.
- Click OK to create the helix.
What is solid combine in Catia?
The Solid Combine capability computes the intersection between the profiles virtually extruded. By default, each component is extruded in a plane normal to its sketch plane. The application previews the result as soon as the second component has been selected.
How do I make threads visible in Catia?
RE: Creating a visible thread in CATIA It’s a bit of work but, In GSD (generative shape design) Create a line, angle normal to curve, using an extremum point of the cylinder. Use the cylinder of the screw as the support. Create a position sketch at the extremum point representing you thread.
How do you make a spiral in Catia?
Click Spiral . The Spiral Curve Definition dialog box appears. Select a supporting plane and the Center point for the spiral. Specify a Reference direction along which the Start radius value is measured and from which the angle is computed, when the spiral is defined by an angle.
How do I show threads in Catia?
- Click Thread Dimension in the Dimensioning toolbar ( Dimensions sub-toolbar).
- Select the thread to be dimensioned in the front view.
- Click Thread Dimension again.
- In the section view B-B, select one of the two lines representing the thread to be dimensioned.
How do you use multi section solid in Catia?
Click Multi-sections Solid . The Multi-sections Solid Definition dialog box appears. Select the three section curves as shown: They are highlighted in the geometry area….Guides
- Remove the selected curve.
- Replace the selected curve by another curve.
- Add another curve.
What is the current version of Catia?
CATIA currently stands at version level 6, better known as CATIA V6. The first release of CATIA was back in 1977 by Dassault Systèmes, who still maintain and develop the software. It was initially developed for use in designing the Dassault Mirage fighter jet.
What is 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA?
3DEXPERIENCE CATIA allows architects and engineers to build beyond the limits of traditional project delivery methods by delivering a range of 3D modeling solutions that span all design and engineering phases.
Why use CATIA 3D modeling tools?
CATIA answers that challenge, enabling the rapid development of high-quality mechanical products. Mechanical engineers equipped with CATIA 3D Modeling tools can gain insight into key factors of quality and performance early in the product development phase.
What are the key elements of Catia design/styling?
These are the key elements of CATIA Design/Styling to boost design innovation. From 3D sketching, subdivision surface, Class-A modeling to 3D printing, reverse engineering, visualization and experience, CATIA Design/Styling provides all the solutions for design creativity, surface excellence and product…