Can you use PACER for free?
You may be able to access the court records you need without paying a fee or requesting an exemption. There is no fee to register for a PACER account. Read the Pricing page for more information on when PACER is free and for tips on limiting fees.
How do I remove my information from PACER?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Log into Manage My Account with your PACER Administrative Account (PAA) username and password.
- Click on the PAA Maintenance tab.
- Select Remove PACER Account(s) from My PAA.
- Enter a brief Remark, then check the box(es) for the account(s) you wish to remove.
- Click Submit.
Who can use PACER?
PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records) allows anyone to to pay a fee and view documents filed using CM/ECF. Anyone can sign up for a PACER account, whether they are an attorney, law student, or member of the public.
Can you have multiple PACER accounts?
Yes. The PACER Service Center offers the PACER Administrative Account (PAA), a consolidated billing and online account management process that allows groups to manage and pay for all charges associated with multiple PACER accounts. Read the PACER Administrative Account User Manual for more information.
Can you block Pacer?
You can deactivate your PACER account by contacting the PACER Service Center for assistance.
How do I cancel my subscription to Pacer?
How to Delete your Pacer Account
- Go to the Me Page -> Settings (⚙️) -> Account Privacy Settings -> Delete Account.
- If you have not set and verified your email address, you will be prompted to do so before we can confirm account deletion.
- Check your email for and follow the confirmation instructions sent there.
How can I watch PACER for free?
To obtain a free PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records) account for use in your CJA cases, follow the procedure below: Go to the PACER online registration page at: https://pacer.gov/psco/cgi-bin/regform.pl. For “Firm/Office,” type in “CJA” and then your name.
How far does PACER go back?
When transcripts of court proceedings are produced, they are added to PACER 90 days later.