Can Siri automatically read incoming texts?
Ever since the release of iOS 13 (actually, iOS 13.2), Siri has been able to automatically read your incoming text messages and iMessages aloud from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. When a new message arrives, Siri will play a tone, then read aloud the sender’s name and the new message.
How do you get Siri to read text messages?
How to Have Siri Read Your Texts Aloud
- Press and hold the Home button. After the short chime, you can give Siri a command.
- Say something like, “Read me my texts.”
- When prompted by Siri to say what you want to do with the message, say either “Reply” or “Read them again.”
Can CarPlay read text messages?
Use CarPlay to have Siri automatically read your incoming text messages and listen for your response. Tap CarPlay, then choose any of the following: Announce New Messages: CarPlay starts your drive with Announce Messages active and reads your incoming text messages aloud.
Can Siri write text messages?
4. Send a text or email One of the most-convenient tasks Siri can perform is creating and sending text and email messages. Say, “Send my wife an email” or “Text my wife,” and Siri will create a new message and ask you what you want the message to say.
How does Siri read text messages through AirPods?
How to set up Siri to read your texts through your AirPods
- Open the Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Tap Notifications (it’s weird Apple didn’t put this under Siri and Search, but maybe that will change.)
- Tap “Announce Messages with Siri.”
- Toggle the “Announce Messages with Siri” to on.
How can I get my iPhone to read text while driving?
Follow the steps below to have Siri automatically read your latest incoming message out loud.
- 1) Open Settings on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- 2) Tap Notifications.
- 3) Tap Announce Messages with Siri.
- 4) Slide the switch next to Announce Messages with Siri to the ON position.
How do I make my iPhone read text?
Go to Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content. Adjust any of the following: Speak Selection: To hear text you selected, tap the Speak button. Speak Screen: To hear the entire screen, swipe down with two fingers from the top of the screen.
Can Siri announce texts without AirPods?
About Announce Messages with Siri The feature doesn’t work on the original AirPods, but if you have a second‑generation model you’ll be fine. It also supports Powerbeats Pro, leading us to suspect that Announce Messages with Siri requires Apple’s H1 headphone chip that powers AirPods 2 and Powerbeats Pro.
Why can’t I see announce messages with Siri?
To change this setting, go to Settings > Notifications > Announce with Siri > Tap the Messages App under Announce Messages From. Then choose what incoming messages you want Siri to read to you.