What is Zipeg on Mac?
Zipeg is* an open source free software that extracts files from compressed archives like ZIP, RAR, 7z and others, some of which are rarely used types. Zipeg works under Mac OS X and Windows. It is best known for its file preview ability.
How do you use zipeg?
Just drop an archive onto the Zipeg icon, or use the Open command, and Zipeg displays the contents of that archive to the right. If the archive contains subfolders, clicking on a folder displays that folder’s contents. Select the files you want to extract and click on the Extract button.
How do you unzip an ebook?
On a Windows computer, right-click on the file and select the “Extract all”, or “Unzip” option. On a Mac, if you right-click and do not see an option to expand, unzip, or unarchive the file, you may need to install unzipping software such as Unarchiver or Zipeg.
How do I open a zip on a Mac?
To open a zip file on a Mac, just double-click it. The Archive utility automatically opens the file or folder, decompressing it and putting it in the same folder as the compressed file. So, for example, if the zip file is on your desktop, the unzipped folder will be put on your desktop too.
How do I extract an EPUB file on a Mac?
Unzip Your ePUB on a Mac:
- Save the ePUB file somewhere you can easily find it, like your Desktop.
- Download eCanCrusher and save it to your Desktop, too.
- Drag the ePUB file onto the eCanCrusher icon and it will automatically unzip, creating a new folder in the same location as the ePUB.
How do you use eCanCrusher?
Extract images from EPUB files
- Use eCanCrusher to unzip the EPUB.
- Open up the unzipped folder.
- Open the OEBPS folder (this is where all the EPUB content lives)
- Locate the folder called images.
- Insert these images into your DOCX file, as required ( Insert > Pictures > Picture from file )