What are VLAN groups?
A VLAN Group is a logical grouping of VLANs, either tagged or untagged. If a VLAN is tagged, each packet transmitted to and from this VLAN contains a VLAN ID. Network traffic can contain a mix of tagged and untagged packets.
What is VLAN name?
A VLAN interface, or switched virtual interface (SVI), is a Layer 3 interface that is created to provide communication between VLANs. In order to route traffic between VLANs, you must create and configure a VLAN interface for each VLAN.
How do I name my VLAN ID?
To name a VLAN on a switch, use the name command in VLAN configuration mode. To set the interface type, use the switchport mode command in interface configuration mode. To set the VLAN when the interface is in access mode, use the switchport access vlan command in interface configuration or template configuration mode.
How do you assign a VLAN?
First, VLAN support needs to be enabled on the switch if it is not already:
- Choose Switch configuration.
- Choose Advanced Features.
- Choose VLAN Menu…
- Choose VLAN Support.
- Set Enable VLANs to Yes if it is not already, and choose a number of VLANs.
- Restart the switch to apply the changes.
How do I delete a VLAN?
Remove the VLAN by performing one of the following steps:
- To delete the VLAN temporarily, use the -t option as follows: # dladm delete-vlan -t vlan.
- To make the deletion persist, perform the following: Remove the VLAN. # dladm delete-vlan vlan. Remove the /etc/hostname. vlan-interface file.
What is the difference between VLANs and subnets?
VLAN is a logical LAN that contains broadcasts within itself, and only hosts belonged to that VLAN will see those broadcasts. Subnet is an IP address range of IP addresses that help hosts communicate over layer 3. VLAN allows us to create different logical and physical networks.
What is multi VLAN?
The multi-VLAN port is a feature which allows switch for configuring a single port for two or more vlans. This feature allows users from different VLANs to access a server or router without implementing InterVLAN routing capability. A multi-VLAN port performs normal switching functions in all its assigned VLANs.
Do VLAN numbers matter?
Technically, vlan number does not matter much.
How do I change the VLAN on multiple ports?
Configuring Multiple Switch Ports on the Same VLAN
- In Dashboard, navigate to Switch > Configure > Switch Ports.
- Check the boxes next to each port to be updated.
- Click Edit, specify the VLAN, and click Update.