What should I clean my forward helix piercing with?
Peter. Aftercare: Wash the piercing site two to three times a day with unscented, gentle soap or sterile saline solution until fully healed.
How do I clean my helix piercing?
The good news is it’s straightforward.
- Soak the piercing with salt water (or a pre-made saline solution for piercings) once or twice every day.
- Mist the piercing with saline spray occasionally throughout the day.
How do you clean a third piercing?
Tips for cleaning an ear piercing
- Clean your piercing when you do other regular hygiene habits.
- Wash your hands.
- Clean with a clean cotton pad or swab dipped in salt solution.
- Dab (don’t wipe) the piercing.
- Avoid using perfumed soaps.
- Clean the pierced area whenever you take the piercing out.
How long does a forward helix piercing stay swollen?
Although it can sometimes take around 8 weeks for the wound to fully heal, these symptoms should not last more than 2 weeks. Infection may be present if a person experiences: swelling that does not go down after 48 hours.
What do you do if your forward helix is infected?
Treating the infection at home
- Wash your hands before touching or cleaning your piercing.
- Clean around the piercing with a saltwater rinse three times a day.
- Don’t use alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, or antibiotic ointments.
- Don’t remove the piercing.
- Clean the piercing on both sides of your earlobe.
When can I stop cleaning my ear piercing?
While some people have been able to stop regular cleanings after four weeks, it’s safest to go for a full 8 weeks before you stop your twice-daily cleanings. This gives your new piercings plenty of time to heal properly and decreases the chance of painful infections.
How long does a triple helix piercing take to heal?
“The initial healing time for a helix piercing is two to four months. For the piercing to be fully healed, it takes six to nine months. Healing timelines will vary based on your specific piercing and your body, but you’ll know your ear is healed once any discharge, swelling, redness, flaking, or soreness stops.”
How to take care of a forwardforward helix piercing?
Forward Helix Aftercare Instructions 1 Step One. 2 On the first day of your piercing, you should allow it to rest for a few hours before you clean it. 3 Step Two. 4 When cleaning, you should never use a cleaning agent that has been used by another person. 5 Step Three. 6 (more items)
How much does a triple forward helix piercing hurt?
The triple forward helix piercing ranks at a 6/10 on the pain scale. Multiple punctures through cartilage make this piercing slightly more painful than other piercings. You can always choose smaller jewelry or come back a second time if this is a worry. Talk to your piercer and see what’s best for your situation.
What is tritriple helix piercing?
Triple Helix Piercing is more than a simple helix piercing, and with the use of the right jewelry, it makes your personality far more beautiful. For more information on how it looks, you may refer to the images section of this post.
Can you touch helix piercing after it is pierced?
Helix Piercing Aftercare. Once you’ve had your piercing done, it’s important to take proper care of it. Do not touch the piercing at all and do not allow anyone else to touch it either. Touching a piercing, especially with unwashed hands, can contaminate it which could cause infection or other problems.