How do I make a pie chart in SPSS?
Steps to Creating a Pie Chart in SPSS 1) Go to the “Analyze” menu and select “Descriptive Statistics,” then “Frequencies.” 2) Select the variable of interest for the pie chart from the list on the left, then click on the arrow in the middle. 3) Click “Charts” on the right.
How do you create a perfect pie chart?
How to make pie charts look better
- Don’t use more than five sections. Too many skinny slices are hard to read.
- Place the largest slices from “12” at the top (like on a clock) and work your way around the circle. Like this:
- Avoid comparing one pie chart to another.
- Don’t use 3-D pie charts.
How do you do pie charts?
- Click Insert > Chart.
- Click Pie and then double-click the pie chart you want.
- In the spreadsheet that appears, replace the placeholder data with your own information.
- When you’ve finished, close the spreadsheet.
- Click the chart and then click the icons next to the chart to add finishing touches:
How do you put information into a pie chart?
Click Insert > Chart. Click Pie and then double-click the pie chart you want. In the spreadsheet that appears, replace the placeholder data with your own information. For more information about how pie chart data should be arranged, see Data for pie charts.
How do you organize a pie chart?
To make the pie chart percentages easier to estimate, sort the slices from biggest to smallest, or vice versa. Group slices. If a pie chart contains many slices, group them into meaningful chunks, and then use a specific color for each group and a shade for each slice.
How do I use chart Builder in SPSS?
To produce a pie chart you first need to CLICK on the Graphs menu and select the Chart Builder option. The first thing you will see is a pop-up box asking you to define your level of measurement for each variable (i.e. tell SPSS whether it is interval, ordinal or nominal).