How do I get a taxi licence in Aberdeen?
Applicants should download the application form and guidance notes, complete the form and send to the taxi depot with the fee and appropriate documentation. An appointment will then be given for the vehicle to be examined. All new applicants must provide a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle.
How long does a taxi operators licence last?
Each licence has a fee and lasts for 5 years. You can be prosecuted if you receive payment for taking bookings or supply drivers for hire without an operator’s licence.
How many taxi drivers are there in Aberdeen?
Figures from the local authority revealed there are currently 1,097 licensed taxi drivers, which is down 144 from October 2019.
How long does it take to get a taxi licence UK?
To become a taxi driver, it usually takes between 12 and 16 weeks if you apply directly to your local authority. If you decide to take a college course before applying for your taxi driver’s licence, you’re usually looking at a couple of days to complete a Level 2 NVQ.
What do you need to be a taxi driver Scotland?
Taxi driver licence
- be at least 21-years-old;
- have held a current driving licence entitling you to drive in the UK for a continuous period of 12 months immediately prior to applying; and.
- sit and pass a knowledge test before a licence is granted.
How much is a taxi MOT?
|Vehicle class||Maximum MOT fee|
|Dual purpose vehicles||4||£54.85|
|Private hire and public service vehicles (up to 8 seats)||4||£54.85|
|Ambulances and taxis||4||£54.85|
|Private passenger vehicles and ambulances (9 to 12 passenger seats)||4||£57.30|
How much does a PCO Licence cost?
How much does it cost to get a PCO licence?
|Licence application fee (non-refundable)||£124|
|Grant of licence fee||£186|
|DBS check||£56.85 (online) / £58.85 (paper)|
|Topographical assessment||~£40 (assessment only) / ~£75 (with training)|
How do you become a taxi driver?
How to apply
- You must be at least 18 years old at the time of applying (although you cannot be licensed until you are 21 years old).
- You must hold a full DVLA, Northern Ireland, or other European Economic Area state driving licence.
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
How much does a taxi Licence cost UK?
|Driver Licence (first application) three year licence||£254.00 (Made up of Non-refundable search fee £180 and Licence fee of £74). Online payment|
|Driver Licence (renewal) renewable 3 yearly||£254.00 (Made up of Non-refundable search fee £180 and Licence fee of £74). Online payment|
How do I become a self employed taxi driver?
The licensing conditions depend on the local council authority, but applicants are generally required to:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Hold a full UK driver’s license.
- Undergo a CRB check.
- Demonstrate proof that they have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Pass an area knowledge test.
How do I become a private hire driver?
What you are applying for is the Private Hire Car Driver’s Vocational License, or PDVL. You must first possess a Class 3 driving license for at least two years at the point of application. Thereafter, you must complete a medical checkup. After that, register for and attend the PDVL course.