How do I access a shared mailbox in Office 365?
Open the shared mailbox in a separate browser window
- Sign in to your account in Outlook on the web.
- On the Outlook on the web navigation bar, click your name. A list appears.
- Click Open another mailbox.
- Type the email address of the other mailbox that you want to open, and then click Open.
What is the difference between Office 365 group and shared mailbox?
Mail-enabled security groups are used for granting access to resources such as SharePoint, and emailing notifications to those users. Shared mailboxes are used when multiple people need access to the same mailbox, such as a company information or support email address.
How do I add a mailbox in Outlook 365?
Add a Shared Email Mailbox Through Outlook 365 Desktop
- Log into your computer as yourself and start the Outlook Desktop app.
- Choose the File tab on the ribbon.
- Under Account Information click Add Account.
- In the window that opens, type the email address of the mailbox you want to add and click Connect.
How do I add a shared mailbox in Outlook for Mac 365?
Adding a Shared Mailbox in Outlook for Mac
- Open Outlook for Mac.
- Select File.
- Select Open.
- Select Other User’s Folder.
- Select Inbox from the folder type drop-down menu.
- Enter the Title of your shared folder in the search box.
- Select your Shared Mailbox from the list.
- Select Open.
How many shared mailboxes can be added to Outlook 365?
In Exchange Online, you are limited to 1,000 public folder mailboxes, and the maximum total size of all public folder mailboxes is 50 TB.
How do I move a mailbox to a shared mailbox?
Use the New Exchange admin center to convert a mailbox
- Go to the Exchange admin center.
- Select Recipients > Mailboxes.
- Select the user mailbox. In the Mailbox tab, under More Actions, select Convert to shared mailbox.
- If the mailbox is smaller than 50 GB, you can remove the license from the user, and stop paying for it.
What is the difference between generic mailbox and shared mailbox?
A shared email account is a generic email mailbox with its very own email address. The email address is not associated with a dedicated user account. This means there’s no username or password affiliated with a shared mailbox. Instead, every user can use their own credentials to open a shared mailbox.