Who was nominated for Best Supporting Actor 1996?
Actor in a Supporting Role
- Kevin Spacey. The Usual Suspects.
- James Cromwell. Babe.
- Ed Harris. Apollo 13.
- Brad Pitt. 12 Monkeys.
- Tim Roth. Rob Roy.
Who got 11 Oscars in 1997?
With eleven awards, Titanic tied with Ben-Hur for the most Academy Awards in Oscar history.
Who won best actor and actress in 1996?
- Mel Gibson, Best Picture co-winner and Best Director winner.
- Nicolas Cage, Best Actor winner.
- Susan Sarandon, Best Actress winner.
- Kevin Spacey, Best Supporting Actor winner.
- Mira Sorvino, Best Supporting Actress winner.
- Christopher McQuarrie, Best Original Screenplay winner.
Has anyone ever won Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor in the same year?
While there is no restriction on a performer winning the Best Actor/Actress and Best Supporting Actor/Actress awards in the same year for two roles in two movies, this has yet to happen, although there have been occasions where performers have been nominated for both.
Who won best actor and actress in 1997?
- Geoffrey Rush, Best Actor winner.
- Frances McDormand, Best Actress winner.
- Cuba Gooding Jr., Best Supporting Actor winner.
- Juliette Binoche, Best Supporting Actress winner.
- Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, Best Original Screenplay winners.
- Billy Bob Thornton, Best Adapted Screenplay winner.
Who hosted the 1996 Academy Awards?
|68th Academy Awards|
|Date||March 25, 1996|
|Site||Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Hosted by||Whoopi Goldberg|
What is the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor?
The Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor is an award presented annually by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS). It is given in honor of an actor who has delivered an outstanding performance in a supporting role while working within the film industry.
When were the Academy Awards held in 1996?
The 68th Academy Awards ceremony, organized by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), honored the best films of 1995 in the United States and took place on March 25, 1996, at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles beginning at 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST.
Who has won an Oscar and a Tony for the same role?
For his role as the Master of Ceremonies in Cabaret, Joel Grey won this award in 1972, becoming one of eight individuals to win both an Oscar and a Tony Award for the same role. Robert De Niro won for his performance as Vito Corleone in The Godfather Part II. George Burns won for his performance in The Sunshine Boys.
Who was the host of the AMPAS Awards 1996?
In November 1995, AMPAS recruited music producer and Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award recipient Quincy Jones as producer of the 1996 ceremony. Jones immediately selected actress and comedian Whoopi Goldberg to host the ceremony.