What is October the awareness month for?
October is Breast Cancer and Liver Cancer Awareness Month.
What cultural holidays are in October?
- September 15 – October 15: Hispanic Heritage Month.
- October 9: National Indigenous People’s Day promotes recognition to the indigenous populations affected by colonization.
- October 11: National Coming Out Day.
- Oct 11: World Mental Health Day.
- Oct 17: International Pronoun Day.
- Oct 25: Intersex Awareness Day.
What heritage months are there?
- Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 – October 15)
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October)
- Native American/American Indian Heritage Month (November)
- African American/Black History Month (February)
- Women’s History Month (March)
- Asian Pacific Heritage Month (May)
What mental health awareness is October?
Join us for Mental Illness Awareness Week. Mental Illness Awareness Week takes place from October 3-9, 2021. National Depression Screening Day is October 7 and World Mental Health Day is October 10.
What Mental Health month is October?
October is depression and mental health awareness month. These are topics often not discussed in our personal or work lives, and yet mental health disorders affect millions of American workers.
What is special on 1st October?
1 October – World Vegetarian Day World Vegetarian Day is observed on 1 October annually. It was founded in 1977 by the North American Vegetarian Society (NAVS) and in 1978 was endorsed by the International Vegetarian Union.
Is October a Heritage Month?
Every year the president of the United States signs an executive order designating the month of October as National American Heritage Month, in recognition of the many achievements and contributions made to American culture by persons of Italian heritage.
Is there an Italian History month?
This October, mark Italian-American Heritage Month by recognizing the contributions and achievements of Italian-Americans.
What month is Down Syndrome awareness Month?
October was first designated as Down Syndrome Awareness Month in the 1980s and has been recognized every October since. It is a time to celebrate people with Down syndrome and make others aware of their abilities and accomplishments. People with Down syndrome are just like everyone else.
Is October Domestic Violence Awareness Month?
October was first declared as National Domestic Violence Awareness Month in 1989. Since then, October has been a time to acknowledge domestic violence survivors and be a voice for its victims.